Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Running Tuesday and a Bathroom Reveal

workout: 2 miles/ 25 minutes

It felt awesome, peeps. I've been devoting all of my time to Jillian lately, and have been shunning my love of running. So, since I just keep gaining weight because I am not running, I decided to hit the gym this afternoon, which I like better because it isn't as busy as the am, but I have more time to come up with an excuse to not go. Anyway... the running gods welcomed me back with open arms, peeps. The first mile are heavenly and the runners high kicked in pretty early. I was able to push myself very easily. I ran the first mile pretty easy, at about a 9:30-10:00 pace and then did some speed work... I would anywhere from a 7.0- 8.5, which translates to 7-9 minute mile. Yes, I did. I was able to sustain a run at a pace of 7 minutes for a minute and a half. I was flying. And my body felt like it was flying... My hips didn't hurt, my legs were weightless and it was wonderful! I felt like I could've gone longer but honestly, (TMI ALERT) I needed to change my tampon. I hate running while on my period. Which, if you have talked to me lately, my emotions are a roller coaster of fun. 

Anyway, tonight we had some delicious summer pasta, which consisted of pasta(DUH), roma tomatoes, mozerella cheese, garlic, EVOO, basil, salt and pepper. YUMMY!! I forgot the add the parmesean cheese, but oh well. It was still good. We topped it off with some delicious watermelon. Perfect summer dinner. 

We've had some fun decorating this weekend, so I feel like I should share those with you. My new canvases came.. these are the ones that I hung in the bedroom... I still have to get some candles for the holders, but I really like it. I promise our bedroom isn't yellow, contrary to the photographic evidence.

Favorite picture.. possibly ever. 





Canvases that I made.. I think they turned out well. Unless you're the wall. You don't want to see how many holes I put in that bad boy to get these things hung.

Now, for whatever reason, the "Before" picture didn't load correctly, and I am too lazy to re-do it, so here is the after....


Ahh.. light blue. Those Benjamin Moore peeps are creative with their paint color names.


I love my knobs.. don't you?


Both of my girls.. at one year of age.

See.. the bathroom is so much lighter now, I feel you get more pictures like this:

Runners high? Looks like I am just plain high. Oh well. John laughed when he saw this picture because my pig tailed hair is sticking out. Make fun now, but I would smoke you in a foot race, Philly. 


4 comments:

  1. good for you!!! that is awesome get it gurl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE the canvas pictures in your bedroom!!! I love that you wall look yellow I think that looks GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!! So I am going to need you to help me now!!!!! Pretty PLLEEESSEE!!! paint me something or take a abstract picture for me to hang above my bed!!
    I love you! Not only are you super cool you are very talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love that exotic color "light blue" oohhh!!! I need to see it in real life though! Also, as I have sad so much I sound like a broken record, I am in love with your canvases. I'm so excited to get some of my sweet baby girl, I'm wishing time away! I think you look fabulous with a runners high. So your hair is a tad crazy, who cares! Your face has a nice glow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the canvases. I still say the one in the middle is my fave.

    And I'm green over here at the fact you can run 2 miles. I'd be happyif I could manage half of a mile without huffing &puffing thinking I'm gonna die.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me! It makes me so happy!