So yesterday I started my new job. I have been really excited about, since it kind of fell in my lap last week. I really felt like I was doing to right thing for our family financially. The photography business hasn't taken off like I wanted it to, and really any money that I make from it, needs to go right back into the business. Not exactly conducive for buying the girls new shoes or hair bows.
It was weird, getting up at 6 am to get ready before the girls woke up and then getting them ready to take them where they needed to go. The day went by pretty fast and before I knew it it was 1:30 when I just eating lunch. There is always something else that can be done, so there's not a lot of down time, but I don't mind that.
After work, I picked the girls up and brought them home to a house that was an absolute disaster. That's when it hit me... my life is changing drastically. Mondays were my day to myself to clean and do laundry.
No more. It will be fitting laundry in when I can and cleaning on my days with my girls. No more lounging in our jammies all day. I feel like now, I will only have a limited amount of time with them, so we need to do fun stuff. Make the most of our time together.
I completely lost it over this change last night. It is going to be so hard for me. I want to be at home with my girls. But my family needs me work outside the home. But yet, I'll still be expected to keep up the house, the laundry, and don't forget about that photography business!
Football season starts soon, so add that to the mix... and we had two trips planned for August.... can you see how it's going to be easy to get stressed out??
Ugh... don't leave me because I have been complaining so much. I promise to get back to normal.
Will You Come To My In-Person Event?
3 days ago

















You've got a lot planned!! What's the new job? I'm feeling the same with the overload of teaching, grad school and teaching classes and just life! Eeek...
ReplyDeletewelcome to the world of the working mother :)
ReplyDeleteSo sorry! Hope you can cope and get a new "normal" established that includes some fun stuff too!
ReplyDelete