Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Horrible Blogger Alert!!!

I have been a horrible blogger!!! Sorry, I DID just have a baby!! Not much has been going on here except just adjusting to life with two children!! We have planned our first family beach trip for the middle of April. John and I have never taken Addison or Claire for that matter to beach without some other family member being there, so this is a true test!! We are very excited. We are taking to girls to some new place in Ft. Walton that is supposed to be very kid friendly! We will let you know! 

We have also gotten two tickets to go see Elton John and Billy Joel together in concert in Nashville. This will be my 3rd time seeing them and John's 4th or 5th. When John and I first started dating, I was warned that he LOVED Billy Joel and would make you listen to it. I did not like Billy Joel. I am not sure if John didn't figure that out until after he bought my Christmas present or he thought he could change my mind, either way, he bought me Elton John and Billy Joel tickets for Christmas. I was not looking forward to it. At ALL!! So, my mom bought me Billy Joel's Greatest Hits Vol. 1,2,and 3 as part of my Christmas,  and by the time the concert rolled around in Feb., he was one of my favorites!! We always try to go see them when they come close. 

We went over to some friends house for the Superbowl on Sunday. Brock and Amanda have two daughters Carter, who will be 3 in April and Campbell who was born 5 days after Claire. She looks just like her mother!!! Adorable! Anyway, there was another toddler there, Brooks, who was the only boy. The 3 two-year olds got into a little bit of trouble. They were found to be putting Carter's tea set, among other things, in the toilet and then trying to fish them out. HA!! I have also realized, that I think Addison is a little bit of a bully and DOES NOT share well. I am going to have to work on that.  On Tuesday, I took the girls out to the breastfeeding support group that my sister does. Addison, of course, was found to be taking toys out of a little girls hand who was only 8 months old and hiding them so the little girl couldn't play with them. When I found out about it, I told her to share and that she couldn't be mean to people. She proceeded to throw herself into the floor and almost kicked the little girl in the face. Then she started kicking the toy box and screaming. So, I told her we had to leave and that she couldn't act like that. It wasn't long ago that I was quite embarrassed by her just laying out in the floor of a store. I am starting to realize that ALL children go through this and it is NOT a reflection of their parents!! I just wish she would move out of this stage. It's becoming a little difficult to go out in public with the two of them b/c I am not sure if I can handle her by myself with a little baby. Anyway, I am going to try to do better with my posting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me! It makes me so happy!