Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Weekend

Our Valentine's Day was pretty good around here. We went to a gymnastics birthday party in the morning and Addison LOVED it!! I guess I am going to have to call about getting into classes. We took a family nap when we got home, dog included. Then, BoomPa and GiGi( my dad and step-mom) came to watch the girls so we could enjoy a night out. John and I decided at the last minute to go to Huntsville to eat dinner and watch a movie. We got there about 4:30 and didn't think getting a table would be a big deal. WRONG! The wait was already 2 1/2 hours! So, we went to watch Confessions of a Shopaholic. I had REALLY been looking forward to this movie because I love the books so much. 

It was not good. At all.

Don't get me wrong, it had some funny parts, but they were few and far between. Anyway, after the movie, we made our way back to PF Changs and we only waited about 2 minutes. It was delicious! When we got home, GiGi told me that she thought Claire was congested. I agreed. She has been extra fussy and he cry has sounded hoarse. You can hear the wheezing when she breathes. I feel so bad for her. 

Thanks BoomPa and GiGi for a wonderful Valentine's evening!!! 

On Sunday, we did our new tradition of breakfast at the AllSteak for french toast. Addison just loves it! I think we are going to try to make our way back to church this coming Sunday.  That afternoon, John went to go see his movie he has been talking about forever, Friday the 13th. He has been very disappointed that no one would go with him. While he out enjoying his movie, Addison threw up. All over the place. She was freaked out that she had done something wrong. He came home to me frantically cleaning the rug and Claire crying because I woke her up when I put her down to clean Addison up. Addison seemed to be okay, not running a fever and not complaining of anything. She wouldn't eat supper though and the only thing we could get her to drink was Dr. Pepper. I was very reluctant to give her to Dr. Pepper because if she threw up again, it would be disgusting. After her bath, she was laying down on the couch with John and threw up the brown Dr. Pepper all over his lap. YUCK! She really freaked out about it, but finally told us her tummy hurt. She ended up sleeping the bed with us. I guess that king size bed really is coming in handy. 

Claire woke up about 3:30 and I could tell she was really stuffy and having a hard time breathing through her nose, so we got up and did some nasal saline and a bulb syringe and she felt better almost immediately. Here's hoping to a better Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me! It makes me so happy!