Friday, February 20, 2009

And It Begins...

I have just encountered my first of many fights over clothes. My little Addison INSISTED on dressing herself. Thank goodness, she isn't insisting on picking out the clothes, just putting them on. She has never done that before. So, we started with the pants. Seems easy enough. WRONG!! It was a lot of crying and screaming,"NO!", tantrums and shoving hands away.

 And Addison was worse. She wasn't grasping the concept of " You put your leg in one at a time through the big hole at the top." It was either both legs in one hole, or she was trying to go in through the feet holes. Anyway, she only hit her head once in one of her famous, throw-the-head-back tantrums. 

Then, it was on to the shirt. The first shirt was one with a hood. I quickly decided that that shirt probably wasn't the best to start with and switched the just a plain t-shirt. The arms only came out of the neck hole 3 times. YEA!! The shirt is on backwards, but even some battles are too big for me. She was going to attempt socks, but quickly handed those over, because, Hey, I guess she figured her work was done. Or maybe it's because she has the attention span of, well,a two-year-old. 
Anyway, I feel that there are many a long mornings ahead of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me! It makes me so happy!