Thursday, March 26, 2009

Random thoughts from one sleep-deprived girl

I think I may have overexerted myself in the "tasks you can realistically handle". I feel like I haven't stopped moving since last Tuesday... oh wait, I haven't. Since we have gotten back from South Carolina I have made two trips to Huntsville, two trips to Birmingham, and one trip to Decatur. Plus, Dad's 60th Birthday is next week and I have been planning for that. And my favorite sister-in-law-to-be had a birthday on Wednesday, and we had to celebrate with "cake and Paaarrt-ee", as Addison calls it. I am also working on videos of the girls and pictures to send back with my Aunt to Texas for my Grandmother who hasn't seen Addison in over a year and never met Claire. I wouldn't want her to miss any of Addison's Medusa hair, tantrums, or gymnastic moves. I will say that Addison's tantrums have been much better lately. I think her temporary hearing losses are getting much better.

Knock on wood.

I mean, I haven't even had a chance to watch Twilight and it came out last Friday night!! I think that says it all. I have been too busy to watch my favorite obsession or monogram OR make any clothes or hair bows for my children OR obsessively clean my kitchen. It's as if aliens have abducted my real self and replaced me with a sleep-deprived non-overachiever.

I think tonight we are going to see if Claire will sleep part of the night in her bed. She is doing really well in there for naps, and honestly, I need my side of the bed back. She is turning into a scooter and sleeps at a diagonal. I think she is taking after her sister in the bad sleeping buddy department.

Addison is doing okay with the potty training. She refuses to go number two in the pink potty. Bribes of ice cream and 2 M&M's don't even work. She wants to wear the Princess panties, but will pitch a fit when I make her go on the pink potty but almost always tee-tees. I just don't know where she gets this stubbornness from. Yesterday, she had the grand idea of jumping on her bed in her Princess panties.

Apparently, she had a full bladder.

I am still washing all of her bedding.

Anyway, I guess I should end the random ramblings. I don't even think that they are making sense to me anymore. I apologize for that.

4 comments:

  1. You sound like one busy lady! I hope life goes back to normal for you!
    Its funny that you use M&M's for bribes, I used the same treat for my son when I was potty-training him!

    Sheila.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! What a lovely blog. I just watched twilight for the 3rd time and am reading the 3rd book right now. Love it! Party hopping and participating too so stop in for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. S-L-O-W
    D-O-W-N
    b-a-b-y
    s-i-s!!!
    Love you :>

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm tired after reading that :)

    Thanks for the Twilight reminder, I need to get on that :)

    Hope things slow down just a tad :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me! It makes me so happy!