Claire had her 2 Month check-up on Thursday. And, honestly, it was an awful experience. Of course we were there for 2 and a half hours, but, the doctor was a flat out jerk. I have always felt like the girls' pediatrician is extremely intelligent and a great doctor, but sometimes he is Jekyll and Hyde(sp?). We had several concerns about Claire. She is extremely fussy, wheezy, snorty, spits- up a lot, has green poopy diapers( I know you wanted to know that, right?), and is not a good nurser in the evenings. Once we finally got back there, we were changing her diaper for her weight check( She weighed 12 lbs 3 oz, by the way) and she had blood in it. I feel like someone should show a little concern about that. He just looked at it under the scope and said," Yep, that's blood" and never really addressed it. Maybe he had already figured it out in his brain that it wasn't anything to be concerned about, but he never felt the need to explain that to us. ( By the way, John went with me, and he is officially un-invited to all doctor's appointments from now own.) I had been researching Claire possibly having a milk protein allergy and he quickly dismissed it. He never gave an explanation for what is going on with Claire, but gave her Prevacid for reflux and is referring us to a GI Specialist. So, who knows. I certainly don't. I am more confused than ever. But, the good news is, she seems to be growing well and gaining weight despite her spitting up all the time. I guess we will keep you posted on any updates we have on Claire.
.
Awwwe, poor Claire! I hope you find out what's going on with her little tummy! Good luck.
ReplyDelete