Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Running Fool..


That's me. Running fool. I'm not sure how I am doing this, but it feels good, nothing hurts and I feel strong. Saturday, with John out of town, I was going to have Linda watch the girls so I could go get my 7 mile run in. I woke up, and my eye was swollen shut. I ended up having conjunctivitis and got some drops for it. Between gimpy eye ball and the fact my face is peeling like a potato from Retin-A cream and I decided to wear a hat.
Lately, my crush for Jason Bateman is growing and I was interested in finally watching Arrested Development.




And guess who won the lottery? This girl.. it was on Netflix instant watch so I decided that I would attempt to watch that while I ran on the treadmill.
It totally felt like cheating.
I ran 7 miles in 80 minutes, in which I did walk some and got off the treadmill to refill my water bottle and the girls at the desk told me to "have a nice day" umm... yeah. I've still got another 20 minutes, so back off.
I was literally laughing out loud, where people were staring at me watching my show.
I think they were just jealous that they didn't think of it first.


Anywho. I have realized that when I attempt a slower pace, say a 10:45 minute mile, it makes me tired and I stop more. But if I bump it up to a 10:00 minute pace, then I can continue longer.. weird, no?
I am concentrating on not hitting heel first and I can tell a real difference in how good my runs feel and how much better my body is accepting of the miles. I was hardly sore after Saturday! 
And.. I have a real calf muscle. Yep. Even John was impressed. Like, you can see it and not just feel it. 

So, I am pretty much obsessed with Arrested Development. Where have I been? This show is hilarious in awkwardness and one liners. 

Have you ever watched it?

 Who all is planning to run Savannah?? 

Also, anyone planning to run the Rock N Roll DC marathon/half marathon?

10 comments:

  1. You are a running fool. Good for you. And as for watching Arrested Development and laughing out loud when you're on the treadmill, try not to fall off. Because then everyone around you will be laughing out loud too. ;-) Good luck on the race!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud! and if I wasn't all jacked up on sugar I would say something more insightful but that's all I've got.

    Seriously though you are a huge motivator and you made me think A LOT yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you rock!! I need to look into the daily mile program.

    I've been running a lot more lately and loving it! When I'm at the gym, that dumb show Wipeout is always on TV and I can't help but laugh outloud watching it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're awesome.

    Thought of doing DC. In March?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You feel so good because I know how to build a plan! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When is DC?!? I would consider that!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lemme know if you decide on DC. I would come cheer you on.. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah yes, Jason Bateman, swoon! Arrested Development is the BEST! Sooo funny...but I didn't find it until a few years ago, sadly, after it went off the air. The funniest show no one ever watched.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY! Running and Jason Bateman = perfect combo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yikes i need to get going i have a half in about 8 weeks!!! you look like your doing great, you motivate me to get my booty movin! what app is that that you have up there with your running miles?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me! It makes me so happy!