
It's me again, Margaret. I haven't forgotten about the blog world, but the past couple of weeks have been more than a little crazy. I hope to return to my regular over sharing as usual.
Mine and Philly's 6th wedding anniversary was Saturday. BoomPa and GiGi came and got the girls and we went to see The Change-Up.. which was hilarious by the way. Totally inappropriate and absolutely hilarious. Don't go with your parents. In fact, don't tell them it's out because it might make you uncomfortable to know they watched it.
Anyway, let me give you the back story on my dress. Back in May/June a new store opened in C-town and I loved everything that was in there, but since I had JUST bought an entire new wardrobe, I couldn't justify the purchase of a dress I fell in love with. So, I just told myself to be okay with it and mourn the loss of the perfect tailgating dress.
Enter last weekend. A friend had told me about a new store at Bridge Street called Alter D State. We went in. I fell in love. Seriously amazing stuff. I am actually still dreamy of a ruffle shirt I saw in there. I tried on this light gray version of the dress I fell in love with earlier in the summer. Alana said she didn't dig what it did for the girls, so I decided to be say and mourn the loss of that dress too. Even though, I told myself if they had it in dark gray and not light gray, I would have gotten it.
I went into What A Girl Wants just to SEE if they still had that dress. Well, guess what. They DID. They had ONE left. It was a SMALL. Normally, I would be all, "WHAT? Who wears a small. That's stupid." But the star aligned and guess what. 20 lb lighter Rach needs a flippin' small. AND it was $9 cheaper than the other one. So, I told J when I saw him. And then, in perfect awesome husband form, he brought it home for lunch and declared it my new anniversary dress.
Yep. He may forget to replace the garbage bags when he takes out the trash, but he brings me pretty's, so I shall keep him.
That was a really long story for one dress, people.
The dress is a brand called Ya.
Jewelry? Everyone's favorite white earrings from Claire's. Bracelet- Rue 21. Necklace- Blissdom swag from The Vintage Pearl.
Shoes? Flips from Old Navy.. Apologies for gross feet.
And just because I love you Internets, Here is a pic of me not ready to have my picture made.




















Cute cute cute! I want to cut my hair like yours!
ReplyDeleteReally cute dress!! Glad you got it! Also... my boyfriend forgets to put the bag in ALL THE TIME, then I always tell him that he "isn't completing the job" if he doesnt put one in, haha.
ReplyDeleteThe dress is adorable!! And yes, everyone's favorite earrings!!! Lookin' HOT, Rach!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou look so cute! Love the dress!
ReplyDeleteLove it! Definitely worth the splurge. I like that you can dress it up or dress it down. Perfect.
ReplyDeleteLove Love the dress! You look beautiful, as always!
ReplyDeleteyou look cute as ever! i LOVE what a girl wants and altar'd state!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm 100% in full pregnancy brain mode. Is this the dress Alana said did nothing for the girls? I think they look great. At attention & on the right half of your body. What more could a girl who nursed two babies ask for?!?! The dress is super cute and 20lb lighter Rachel looks as fabulous as ever.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you went to the store. I went there today. I found about 500.00 worth of stuff. Remembered that I balanaced the checkbook before I went there and left with nothing. Ha. Oh, and David was with me. No credit cards then. haha.
ReplyDeleteLove the dress! Major props to your hubby!
ReplyDeleteYou look sooo cute! Love that dress!
ReplyDeleteLove this dress!!! Happy Anniversary!
ReplyDelete