Sunday, January 2, 2011

Project 52.. Week 1

Since last year I tried to do a Project 365 and I did well until the middle of March. Those things really are a TON on work! You think.. "one picture a day? that's easy!" and then, you get out your camera, snap a few shots, then you have about 6-10 shots you love. So you edit those. And then you have to remember to post them to the blog... On top of,  laundry, groceries, showering, running, etc etc and it's not easy work. 

So I set my goals a little lower this year... a Project 52. One picture a week. And a "Me Monday". One picture of me to be posted every Monday. Eek! Let's see how long the ideas flow for that one.. There are only so many self portraits I can do! My goal for Project 52 is for each month to do at least ONE family photo of us. 12 pictures at the end of the year of the four of us. Not perfected coifed or posed or styled. As we are. Week 1 is the four of us, watching a movie on the couch. Being lazy. No make-up. Girls still in their pajamas at 2:00 in the afternoon. 



I am not sure where this will end up... I guess it should go on this blog and not the photography blog, although I will probably do a monthly update over there. It's not too late to start yours for 2011!!

9 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a family photo each month. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great shot! your kiddos are adorable. i'm doing the same...incorporating the 12 in my 52 week blog post!

    happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might have to borrow your "Me Monday" plan-- I love the idea of doing one self-portrait a week for 52 weeks! I signed up to run my first half in April and am kicking my Weight Watchin' into gear, so it'll be fun to see the progress! Good thinking :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a very relaxed and happy shot, I love it - your girls are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! The idea of a family shot is great! Right now I am just doing a 52 week project of our lives and the random things in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice family shot :) Love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous idea!! And what a great picture!!
    Happy New Year!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is a perfect compromise. love it and you look gorg no makeup and all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. dang your family takes good pictures. and you without makeup makes me jealous. no fair ;)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me! It makes me so happy!