Friday, January 21, 2011

Complete Randomness

Yesterday, we had to go to Huntsville because John's car was shaking pretty bad whenever he braked and since I am driving it to Nashville next week for Blissdom, we needed to find out what was wrong. Apparently, there was a silent recall on the roters? They didn't send out letters but if anyone complained about it, they replaced it for free.. Weird. Anyway.. the car is good as new. 

We pretty much lounged around all day.. took some stuff back to Hancock Fabrics that I didn't use for the ottoman, looked in Dick's sporting goods, and then we went and ate at Newk's. John loves Newk's. It's okay... But I like to give places a chance until I can find something that I love. I tried to Cobb Salad this time.. no onions or Blu Cheese. Blu Cheese makes me want to vomit. John warned me that the salad were pretty big. I wasn't prepared for the mixing bowl that it came in. 


It's the size of my head!!

I would like to point out that most of this salad was lettuce and I did pound it pretty good. I also learned something about myself from this salad. I do not like Gorgonzola cheese. GROSS. I love Feta cheese and I thought it was similar, but NOPE. It's like Blu Cheese's twin sister. 

We ventured over to Fleet Feet Sports in Huntsville, so I could scope out a Spibelt. And let me tell you, that place is heaven!! I mean, the one in Huntsville slaps the one in Birmingham in the face. They were passing out packets for a 50K this weekend, and I thought John was going to have a stroke over the distance- which is 31 miles. But he also contemplated signing up because of the super nice North Face shirts that were the race shirts. I also found these tempos.. they had a white pair that was trimmed in the purple and green and it was a tough decision, but John made fun of white running shorts. I realize I need another pair of tempos, like I need another hole in my head, but I can't help it!! I am addicted... (the first step is admitting there is a problem...) John made fun of me about my addiction, but I told him I owned up to it unlike him with his addiction to tennis shoes and jackets. 


I mean.. I NEEDED this shorts, because I like outfits that match and I have a shirt that is that green color that has never had a pair of shorts of it's very own to match! You see... I did that shirt a favor, right?!!? 

Anyway, I am not sure about the Spibelt... it's a good idea in theory, but the one I looked at didn't look big enough for my iPhone! 

Since it's Friday and I love spitting out song lyrics.. Can you name this song?? 

"Black, black, black and blue
Beat me til I'm numb
Tell the Devil I said 'Hey' when you get back to where you're from"

Happy Friday!

6 comments:

  1. Grenade! I was feeling very lyrical this morning also! I was even thinking of starting a song lyrics discussion on Twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grenade. That ones on replay at my house right now.
    Yes you most certainly DID do a favor for that green shirt by getting the new Tempos. Basically, it was charity. :0) Far be it from me to ever discourage a girl from buying more Tempo shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heard the song yesterday but can't think of it to save my life.

    LOVE the shorts! You definitely deserve them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got all jittery when you said you're going to blissdom NEXT WEEK!
    That salad looks delish and I love gorgonzola. I just may bring some to our hotel. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a giant salad. Terri and I hit up Newk's fairly regularly. We love their greasy pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Fleet Feet of Huntsville! They sponsor the Cotton Row Run every year and they are all super nice. I'm not a runner (although I wish I were), but the hubby is. If I were, I would buy as many shorts and tenni's as I wanted!! I admire you for it, you need to come to Athens and be my trainer! Haha

    ReplyDelete

Tell me! It makes me so happy!