Monday, June 28, 2010

Frustrated...

I am frustrated. Last weekend, I had the thoughts of just taking our house off the market. Ya know, re-painting our bedroom and bathroom, and just making it work for us a little longer. But then, Monday, we got the call that someone wanted to look at it on Tuesday. So, I was like, "Hey God, that's cool. I see where you are going. We'll keep it on the market." We don't hear anything Tuesday afternoon, and I'm not even sure she shows up. But then, Wednesday, we get another call. She likes it. She made an offer that was about $12,000 less than what we are asking, but she says it's a final offer. So, we counter back, and then she counters back, and we decide to take. It's probably the best offer that we are going to get. So, we decide to take it and run. She has to sign off on it, and it is contingent on the sale of her house, which is already under contract. John and I decide to kind of play it cool on telling a bunch of people, just in case it falls through. I'm sure you remember Nick Pappageorgio, so we are a little skittish.

We get a call yesterday morning from our real estate agent and the people buying her house backed out. We are devastated. We thought this was it... We feel a little trapped in this house. We are quickly outgrowing it and could use some more room. It's not a money pit. It's a very nice house. It's 3 bedrooms. We need something bigger.

I know God has a bigger plan and this wasn't the right time, but I can't help but ask, "When is the right time?? Why do we have bad luck with trying to sell this house??"

Anyway, that's what's going on around here... I am off to do more cleaning and more laundry.

4 comments:

  1. I'm not Catholic and I know you aren't either, but there is a saint Catholic people bury upside down in their yard when they are trying to sell their house...Google it! It's worth a shot! What do you have to lose?? Oh how I've asked the "when is the right time, God??" question a thousand times in my life. It's just not now. The time is coming and when it does it will be perfect. Who knows, there may even be a better offer coming your way. God is good, ALL THE TIME! I'm praying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh darlin. not knowing what the bigger plan is, is the hardest part. i wish nothing but the best and i hope you get what you want soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so hard to wait & see the bigger picture. I'm sure everything will work out for the best & the perfect house is just waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally understand your frustration. We are trying to FIND another house and the search goes on. And you look for that sign...even the sign to stay.
    Hang in there. The right offer WILL come along. Everything will fall into place when the time is right. Hopefully that will be very soon for y'all!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me! It makes me so happy!