Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Eclipse...

OMG, people.

Yesterday afternoon, I packed the girls up, sent them to Nana's, sent the hubs to Tuscaloosa with his brother, and went home to curl up with New Moon and take a nap, in preparation for Eclipse at midnight. 

We had decided to meet our group of friends at 11:00 at the movie theatre to wait in line for our seats. John got home around 10:15, so we ended up leaving shortly after that and heading on up there, the place was already pretty crowed. We were able to go ahead and get in our theatre so we could sit down, instead of having to wait in the lobby. Our theatre was already pretty full by that point. Our friends got there, and then we had to wait for an hour for the movie to start. 

Our first preview? The new theatrical trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I DIE. It's going to be SO good. We also got a preview for Paranormal Activity 2, which I don't want to talk about, because it might give me more nightmares. 

Anyway, I kind of expected some screaming when it started from the tweenies, but none. I think the person sitting next to Tracie was the epitome of the person you want sitting next to you in these movies. 

Can I just say that Kristen Stewart's acting is absolutely awful? I don't know who cast her, but she is an awful actress, and just looks to be in pain in a lot of it. Also, as much as I LOVE R Pattz, the more I watch, the more I think Chase Crawford could have been a better fit for Edward. 

The acting seems to be getting better and better and there are definitely some funny parts. The action is great, the fight scene is just what you would expect it to be. I think they incorporated The Bree Tanner story into it, which is kind of cool. 

I really think in this one you can see just how deep that Bella and Edward's connection is, and I like that. 

All in all, these movies are getting better with age, and I can't wait until Breaking Dawn starts. I had a hard time going to sleep thinking about where they will split the movie in half and how graphic some of the scenes are going to be. I read that it might have to be rated R due to the sex scenes alone, which I think are going to be pretty intense! 

I think it was a great way to start this Wednesday, even if I am dragging today. 

4 comments:

  1. They def. need a new casting director. They did great with everybody EXCEPT Edward & Bella. K Stewart's getting better, but I still wanna smack her. She did look prettier in this one though.
    Our theater was filled with kids. The girl next to me needed to learn personal space. She kept bumping me & being half in my seat. When I overheard she hadn't read the book, all I wanted to do was ruin it for her & tell her everything that happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I can't do a midnight viewing, but I am SO THERE on Friday night!! Even my husband wants to see it (he feels vested after being forced to listen to me talk about the books and sitting through the other movies)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admit, I don't read the books and haven't seen the movies! Probably the only one out there, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. chase crawford as edward cullen...you have to be kidding me?! haha. sorry i do not agree. but i will say kristen steward is getting awkwarder and awkwarder with each movie. that better change quick b/c in breaking dawn she will have to be strong and heroic.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me! It makes me so happy!