This weekend was awesome. I feel like a college student since I am about to recall my entire weekend for you. Except there wasn't any binge drinking and puking involved. So, BoomPa and GiGi came and got the girls on Saturday for a MUCH needed weekend away. Saturday started while BOTH children waking up at 4:30. In the morning. Claire went back to sleep no problem. Addison didn't. Although she was being very good laying her head on the pillow, I knew she was awake. So around 5:15 I asked if she would like to go to WalMart( I do my WalMart shopping that early on Saturdays). She immediately jumped and hurtled over John's sleeping body and was running out the door saying, "UH-HUH!!!". I'll talk that as a yes. I got started on the laundry when we got back and was able to get a couple of rooms cleaned before BoomPa and GiGi picked up the girls. John and I ate a kid-free lunch with Joseph and Tracie and then I got my hair cut. We went to Birmingham to eat at PF Chang's with our friends Lea and Warren.( Can I just say, there were several Proms going on, and OH. MY. WORD. Where are these girls mamas?? They were dressed like total hoochies.) We ventured over to William Sonoma after dinner and John was able squeeze out of there with two new knives for me. Sunday we went to church and ate lunch at the All Steak and then we came home and took a nap. When we woke up, we went over to the new Aquatic Center for its open house. IT WAS SO CROWDED. It was worse than Disney World. There was zero parking and John had me park behind the police officer that was patrolling. Everyone in Cullman was there. It was a madhouse, but extremely nice. I cannot wait until it opens. As we were getting ready to leave, John was waiting in line to ask a question, and I heard a voice over the loud speaker, " Please move your red BMW that is parked behind the police car!"
"Umm. John they just told us to move."
"What? I didn't hear anything."
"They said please move your Red BMW behind the police car." ( I am tugging on his arm.)
"Well, I just want to ask when they are going to open."
( Lady over the loud speaker) "John McPhillips, please move your vehicle parked behind the police car!!!"
As I turned to say I told you so, I see said police officer on his cell phone, and HE IS MAD! So, we start fighting our way out the door, John says, " That was some good listening. I never would have heard that." Yes. I know. You married me for my super sonic hearing.
We started watching a movie when we got home and BoomPa and GiGi called to say they were on their way and GiGi proceeds to tell us that Claire not only rolled over for the FIRST TIME EVER, she did it several times. What?!!? My baby rolled over and I missed it!! She also pointed out that she thought Claire was getting her first tooth.I think I wept silently. Addy went tee-tee in the potty FOUR times!!! GiGi said she was very embarrassed when she had an accident, but she totally redeemed herself, because she went poo-poo in the potty when she got home for the first time! YAY!! She also went tee-tee again before she went to bed. Therefore on Sunday, she went tee-tee in the potty FIVE times and poo-poo once!! I'll say that is some good progress!!!
Not only are my girls practically starting college now, they BOTH totally slept through the night last night. Which has never happened. In fact, Claire is STILL asleep.( Yes, she is alive, I just checked.)
I have a feeling that my baby fever may rear it's ugly head sooner than expected.
Will You Come To My In-Person Event?
3 days ago

















I completely agree with you on the prom girls! I nearly died when I saw some girls this past weekend myself. Looking back at our pictures, we look like grandmas compared to these girls. It makes me nervous to think what the dresses will look like when our kids are going to prom!!! Scary!!!
ReplyDelete