Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Pregnancy Update

I went for my 36.5 week appointment on Tuesday and had some expectations on being dilated to at least 2 with some thinning on my cervix. WRONG! Let me back up and say, I am tired of being pregnant. These pregnancy hormones are not for me and I am ready to pass them on to someone else. My sweet hubby has FINALLY admitted that he is ready for me not to be pregnant anymore. He has been so awesome and supportive these past nine months and deserves a medal for what he has put up with. I guess he'll settle for another Daddy's Girl, though! The weekend leading up to my appointment was filled with awful contractions and I was just SURE my water was going to break any moment. Well, it never did. As I sat in the doctors office with John, I reflected on how miserable I was, and I was really praying for some activity to show that Claire is ready to come out too. Dr. Franklin was running late because of a delivery, and I was either on the verge of a panic attack or a mental breakdown, it was hard to tell which was going to happen first. When she came in and checked me, ONE centimeter was all I was dilated and my cervix is still thick. I started crying right there. I just thought, "I cannot do this ANY more", but here I am, still pregnant. John is leaving on the 2nd of January for the Sugar Bowl, so now, she needs to stay in until he gets back. Anyway, we will keep you posted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me! It makes me so happy!