I would sneak in a few outdoor runs in the early am before a race and it felt magical. Being up and running the streets of your small town before anyone else was stirring is so special, even if you wouldn't think it. The smell of the morning dew is so refreshing. Anyway, this past week, I
The heat didn't bother me. Having the buddy is so fun!! Plus, you have someone to laugh with when you see people fall, which we know is something that I love in life more than chocolate.
There is something about being able to fling your arms out and do the airplane down the street, if you wish. Which I may or may not have done. I feel certain that Rebecca will rat me out.
Anyway, I am totally sold on outside running, I don't ever want to go back to the treadmill. Please don't make me!
Hope you have a great weekend!

















2 minutes? psh. I wish I could make it that long.
ReplyDeleteWhy is it that when you started talking about the freedom to run as you wish outside, I totally pictured Phoebe from Friends?
I believe, "Rat you out", is the wrong phrase. I will simply tell everyone how awesome you are and that I'm so jealous you can actually get your hands over your head while running. I can barely keep my elbows bent! I love our runs together, but mostly, I love our talks at the end :)
ReplyDeleteI 100% agree with you! I was always a treadmill runner as well, but when I started having to workout in the mornings and with my gym not opening until 5:30, I took to the high school track in my neighborhood for my morning runs. Holy goodness, there really isn't a feeling like it, when you compare it to treadmill days. Running outside has definitely helped with prepping (both mentally and physically) for my beginner races as well. Ah, well-- love your blog, and you're definitely a running inspiration for a semi-beginner! And too funny, as well :)
ReplyDelete