So, I bit the bullet last night, and upped the anty to level 3 of the Shred. It was tough, but I don't think it was tougher than moving from level 1 to level 2. I feel like level 3 is more glutes and abs whereas level 2 focuses on arms and shoulders. Since my arms are the weakest part of my body, I guess that's why level 2 is rough.
My last couple of runs haven't been great. I'm doing them on the treadmill, which, is boring beyond boring. And... it's hot, people. Like, REAL hot. And my gym is one of those fancy kind that use water or something to cool the place down. I don't understand or even try to understand how it works, alls I know is, it's hot in there. And, I am noticing, if I am already kind of hot, and with no COLD water, my runs blow. I am a diva runner, I guess. I have been walking a LOT on these last two runs. This mornings run, my knees were hurting, which is unusual for me, but then, I came home and did level 3 and remembered all those JUMPS. There's the reason for my knees. Stupid Jillian.
Since, Addison has started to school everyday, I took Claire to the gym nursery, which, you know I don't like to do, but I had to get my run in somehow. She cried when I handed her over, so I quickly left and got on my treadmill. When I went back to get her, the girls told me she cried for a little bit, but they put her in the floor and told everyone to leave her alone, and she literally, laid in the floor without moving for 30 minutes. When I came in, I called her name, and she turned her little head around in search for her mama, and her bottom lip started trembling and big crocodile tears starting running down her face as she jumped up and ran to me. It was pitiful and I gave myself the crap mom award. So, I guess no more gym nursery for Claire.
Here's a funny story( this blog post is turning into a hodge podge). Yesterday, I was getting Addison dressed and she heard Trixie barking. She said, "What is Trixie barking at, Mama?" I replied,"I don't know, sweetheart." She came back with, "Maybe it's a person, or a dog, OR a fox, OR SOME SORT OF CREATURE!!" I died. Rachel Zoe style.
And since, I want y'all to have a wonderful Thursday.. here is a video clip. I feel certain that if you are from this area, you have seen this on Facebook, but for those who haven't.. here ya go...
Your Welcome. And, let's not forget the Antoine Bed Intruder Song...
This happened in Huntsville.. which is about an hour from here. Gotta love Alabama.
Will You Come To My In-Person Event?
3 days ago

















i did level 3 today && loved it!! it seems to focus on legs alot too!!
ReplyDeleteI just saw those videos last night. Too funny!!
ReplyDeleteAnd can I just say you're my hero for making it to level 3. I'm just too much of a wimp to make the switch to even level 2!
i'm almost a week into level 2...and its SO HARD!!! ugh, my arms are still killing me.
ReplyDeleteYou've almost motivated me enough to start doing the Shred again. Notice I said ALMOST. Why won't the fat just disappear? B/c really.. I should've been one of the girls who is naturally a size 2 without any effort.
ReplyDelete