Tuesday, August 3, 2010

First Day of School

Yesterday was Addison's first day of school. She started her new class and also started going 5 days instead of 3 days. There was very little drama as she was excited, and I even got a few pictures! She had to have her Dora umbrella... 

How cute is her little outfit?









Strike a pose...


As I dropped her off, I saw all of the mama's dropping their babies off at school, and they were parking instead of using the driveway to drop off. I pulled up, like the old pros, we are, and got out and opened her car door, which was about the time that Mrs. Rose opened the door to school, and Addison shot off like a rocket and was inside before I could shout, "I love you!" What a big girl!

When I got home, she showed me all of her artwork, and told me what a good day she had.

This morning, when I dropped her off, I could see all around us, the children having meltdowns. I felt so bad for them and was so thankful that Addison never did that.

Yesterday, I went to the gym after work, and completed 3 miles on the treadmill, I walked the last mile, but I have to get over this hump! There is some sort of mental block that won't let me run over two miles.. and I've got to get over it if I am going to complete 13.1 in Feb.

How do you get over these humps?

By the way, everyone's comments for the giveaway are awesome!!! For those of you( quite a lot) that like hummus, what kind do you buy? Or do you make your own?

9 comments:

  1. She's so cute! Love the poses she's striking :)

    I just buy hummus from the grocery store, mostly Trader Joe's. I have heard it's really easy to make though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That child is precious! I can't believe how big she is getting. Her poses really show all that attitude she has. She's YOUR child!!! and I love her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is beautiful, I love the outfit! I cant believe it is already time for school to start, it feels like summer just started. I will be the one having the melt down when that time comes for me. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a cutie pie!!! love the pictures :)
    i cant believe it's back to school time already!
    with the running it's a total mind thing, just keep going. tell yourself you can do it, becuase you can! i ran 5 miles for the first time in my life this past friday, i just didn't stop, didn't decrease speed...just kept going!
    for hummus, i always buy it. whatever kind is on sale, they all taste the same to me....yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. look. at. HER!!! she's a little fashion blogger already!!! i love her umbrella. too stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's a hummus with roasted red peppers that is YUM-E! I usually get it at Sam's b/c so many of us eat it but I'm sure there are smaller versions in normal grocery stores.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get my hummus from trader joes as well! But I also get it at kroger or publix. I love original and red pepper hummus! Addison is so cute in her outfit and Dora umbrella!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes it is!!!! Sabra red pepper is awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me! It makes me so happy!