Alright. I've gone and done it again. I have officially signed up for the Disney Princess Half Marathon at the end of February. I am so stoked. I truly love this race. To think about it, totally takes me off guard and almost brings tears to my eyes and the actuality of the accomplishment. My goal this year? To run the whole damn thing. Only stopping to pee, poop, or take a pictures with a princess. WALKING IS NOT ALLOWED.
That's right. You heard it. Absolutely no walking. I am going to follow a training plan. It starts December 1st. By that time, I need to be able to comfortably run 3-6 miles on a regular basis.
I want to sub 2:45... I have hefty goals for this race. I do not want to have to tell people, "Oh, I didn't run the whole thing." I want to say, "Yeah, I ran the whole damn thing."
I got up this morning, at 5 am... (YES, I FINALLY DID IT!!) I really didn't want to, but I made myself. And I ran/walked 2 miles... I didn't pick the best spot to run in the dark. I parked in the Warehouse District here and ran down around the high school and back. It was right at 2 miles. But, There aren't a lot of sidewalks around there, and a lot of the ones that are, are all jacked up and with crazy overhanging trees that I had to duck under. Also? A good amount of people out! I saw numerous cars, several walkers, a couple of runners, and the CHS track team was getting ready for a run. Crazy.
I am trying my hardest to talk my best friend, Becca, into doing it with me. The feeling of accomplishment is like no other, when you do something that you thought you never could. I don't want to do this by myself again. I really want a running buddy, but I'll be okay without one.
Is anyone out there planning to do it??
Oh good luck..I would really love to do something like that someday soon. It would definitely give me motivation to get up early like that. Otherwise no way haha..Hope your friend joins along.
ReplyDeleteyou can do it!!!! i feel like i've written that a millions times to you which means i'm that confident that you will :)
ReplyDeletebtw you taught me a new word today. bokeh!
I'm almost ready!!
ReplyDeleteYou've so got this. I know you can do it!
ReplyDelete