Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Oh Dear.

John was out of town for the end of last week as well as the weekend. He came home Sunday and it couldn't have been a day sooner. While I love my baby girls and enjoyed all the snuggle time and the new snuggle buddy in my bed, Addison is a Daddy's Girl. And it totally showed while he was away. Our days were complete with lots of whining, crying and general crankiness. ( I will say though, that she seemed to act better snuggled in my bed watching Keeping Up With the Kardashians with me) Anyway, I tried to take a shower during Claire's nap time. I checked on Addison after I got out to make sure she wasn't writing on the furniture or walls and she was moving her doll house. So, I went back to the bathroom and then I heard her come and shut my bedroom door.
That's never a good sign. I came out.

"What have you done?"
She has an absolute look of terror on her face.

"Show me what you have been doing."
I follow her into the living room and I don't see any markings on the furniture. But... I can hear a weird popping noise. I turn towards the kitchen. And I see it.

Glass... everywhere. With a doll house sitting in the middle of it. I grab her up. She is twisting and screaming because she knows she is in trouble. I take her into my bedroom to lay her on the bed so I can spank her( don't judge me, Earl) and I see it, blood on my leg. Blood on my towel. Blood on my pillow. The glass had cut her in her attempts to cover it up. I find the cuts on the bottom of her foot. I take her into the bathroom to inspect it and I am praying she doesn't need stitches. She doesn't. I clean it up, put a Princess Band-Aid on it, and tell her to sit on my bed so I can clean up the mess.

I figured she had been after a delicious cupcake that we had made the night before and knocked off the pot lid that I had cleaned and was letting dry.


After I cleaned up, I found this on my counter:
It's a piece of gum, which is located here, in the second shelf of an upper cabinet.

The things she will do for gum. Her toes are healing and I cleaned up all the glass, but... STILL. I guess it's life with a 3 year old.



5 comments:

  1. Poor Addison AND poor Mama! I'm glad she didn't get hurt any worse than what she did. It's scary to think how sneaky they can be. Just wait, before long she'll have Claire in on the shenanigans too and you'll be out numbered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless her heart, she really wanted some gum! Haha! Glad she didn't need stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oofa!!! i swear sometimes!!! goodness...so glad to hear she didn't need stitches! and while i know it is important that they learn right from wrong (obviously!) my heart always breaks for them when they are so stressed about knowing their in trouble...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, poor thing. (Both of you!) Coop would do about anything for fruit snacks!

    I love the days when Billy gets home from out of town. Phew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word!!!

    Isn't it the life? So much freaking fun I tell you.

    So you skipped the spanking in lieu of the glass? =)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me! It makes me so happy!