Friday, January 29, 2010

Running Ramblings

Yesterday, I finally freakin' did it! I had a little help in the motivation department from Brooke. She is freaking awesome, ladies!! If you ever need some motivation, she is your girl!!! Let me back up by saying, I was supposed to get up at 5am and go to gym and do my running. Unfortunately, I set my alarm for 5pm, not am. Whoops. So, I had to call MeMac and see if she would watch the girls while I went to the gym yesterday afternoon. I am boycotting the gym nursery, because I swear, every time Claire goes, she freaking gets sick. I can't handle the snots anymore.

So, I get there, it's a little busy, which I can't stand. But I was able to get on my favorite treadmill, ( yes I have a favorite, the two on the front row don't get NEAR as hot and steamy as the back row). I got on there and found my focus point, concentrated on my breathing and before I knew it, I had already ran a mile. Mile #2 goes by. But then, someone got in the way of my focus point and it started going down hill. I noticed that my legs were starting to hurt a little, and I was starting to huff in my breathing. So, I thought I might stop at 3 miles... (I know, I know). But, when I clicked to find out how far I had ran, it said I only had 1.98 miles to go. I knew I couldn't stop. I would run until I reached 5 miles or was going to collapse. Whichever came first. Around mile 4, it starting getting bad. My breathing was crazy, and my calves were starting to ache a little. But I KNEW, I would want to hurt myself if I couldn't finish that last mile. When I walked, I would make myself run at 7.0 instead of 6.0. But guess what?!!? I. FREAKING. DID. IT. I ran 5 miles, nerds!!! I was so tired, and my face was all red and disgusting like it is when I run( I don't sweat pretty) and I turned around, saw someone I knew, and said, "I just ran 5 miles for the first time in my life!" I texted everyone I thought would care.

I got home and took a shower and realized that I had rubbed a blister on the back of my foot where my sock had slid down. So, I thought instead of doing a bandaid, I would just do that newskin stuff we had and I would see how it works. BAD IDEA> Apparently, "blister" doesn't fall into the category of "minor cut" because, guess what?? IT BURNED. And it wouldn't stop burning. John had NO idea what was going on because I was screaming like a lunatic. In my time of distress, I noticed Addison going into my bathroom, I figured she was going as far away from the screaming lady who was her Mommy and finding comfort in some lip gloss, so I called back for her to get out of my bathroom, and she cam running out with a band aid. She handed it to me, and said, "Here Mommy, this will make it feel ALLLL better!" I almost died. I was getting on to her and she was bringing me a band aid! And not just any band aid, one of her Disney Princess band aids, which is a BIG deal. She doesn't share those. And guess what? It was Ariel, no less. Her very favorite Disney Princess.
My 3 year old may give me the stink eye from time to time and talk back and refuse to listen to anything but "Party in the USA", but she has a heart of gold.

7 comments:

  1. yes! that Sh*t does burn, like something else! OUCH! poor thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Thanks for texting me ... oh wait, you didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, i'm so proud of you!
    God's blessings,
    Sarah :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ran a whole 5 miles? Nonstop? I'm impressed. I'm happy when I go for 2 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow way to be a real life runner!
    ps blisters are the WORST punishment in life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. woohoo!!! congrats lady i knew you could do. MIND OVER MATTER.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me! It makes me so happy!