Thursday, November 12, 2009

Turning Over A New Leaf

Everyone once in a while, I will get in a funk.

A funk of, "I'm a momma now, so no need to be cute." And.. frankly. I hate that I do it. There is no reason for me to dress all "maw maw" just because I have two children. I am 25 years old. I do not have one foot in the grave. The first step, was the new hair. I feel younger and good about myself. The second step, was some skinny jeans. The thirds step, was some super awesome boots. So, I feel cute again. I feel like a cute 25 year old, who happens to have two children. After all, how am I to teach them all about fashion, if I am not fashionable myself? I mean, I already have a love relationship with make-up and there is no sense that I can't get my relationship with fashion back. So, I am welcoming my fashion sense back with open arms.

*I have missed you!!*

On a completely different note, I have decided to cut the crap and sign up for my first 5K. I am sick of not completing this goal. I said I was going to do it after I had Addison. That was 3 years ago! So, it is December 12th. My best friend Jana is suppose to be running with me, so, it should be good times. Even if all we get is a free shirt and some good times together.

I have also decided that since I am running this 5K, there is no reason I can't start training for a half-marathon in February. So, I will definitely need some encouragement there. Because, let's face it, I just started running 4 months ago, and I haven't been all that devoted. But, I am sick of not accomplishing these things that I want to do. It's now or never. Maybe I started running and push myself to run for the wrong reasons( hello? Awesome legs? Yes, please!) My goal is to lose at least 10 lbs. I would love to lose 20 lbs, but I'm just not sure if it's in the cards, so I am not going to push it. But I think 10 lbs is totally doable.

Wish me the best of luck!

6 comments:

  1. haha! i totally agree! we have to be fashionable so our girls learn it from us. let's face it...we don't want them learning it from anyone else right? good luck with the marathon...i have been trying to lose 10 lbs too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goals are second only to organizing... and we all know how important that is! I think you'll meet your goals and do great. T-shirt or not, I'll be cheering for you! Oh, and I LOVE the new boots, hair and sassy 'tude. That's the girl I raised! ;>
    God's blessings sis, Sarah :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. as somewhat of a runner, ok i lie am a full on runner, you can totally do a 5K and even a half. i trained for a full in 3.5 months and since you have 4 months of running behind you, you're already off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my first time posting but I just had to say that you have such a beautiful little family! Other than not being a mom (yet) myself, I'm in the same boat that you are with the running-- I signed up for my first 5k December 5, and I'm hoping to run my first half marathon in either February or May (depending on training and weather-- I'm in Boston and a February run could = disaster). Anyways, I just wanted to come out of stalker mode and say good luck with the training! Once you get going, it's so rewarding to look back and see how many miles you ran as the weeks progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll run with you! What half are you running?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck! You can totally do it. I was in that mama fashion funk at first, then I decided I missed my clothes. :) Who cares if the only place I go is the grocery store? I can dress up there too! (It doesn't hurt that leggings are as comfy as sweats, either.) :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me! It makes me so happy!