My sweet and wonderful husband surprised me with Guitar Hero 5 dropping off at my doorstep this morning. I had no idea it was coming and was super stoked. Of course, I planned to play it all during nap time. I go to turn it on and it starts up. My fingers were itching to push the green button to start the game. I push it. Nothing happens. I push it again. Nothing happens. I push the start button. Nothing happens. Um. Okay. Well, maybe I'll get out the actual controller. Maybe it's just a little finicky. The controller works it. Whew. Okay. I am ready to play a new song. I immediately go to quickplay. I choose Judy Nails as my avatar. Excitement. She is my favorite. But, I can't scroll over to the guitar. It's stuck on microphone, which wouldn't have bothered me, except, I didn't have a microphone. I just had the guitar. So, what else is there to do? I get out the instructions. I did everything right. I get on the website, everything I tried there didn't work. It was an act of congress to get a phone number and get through the prompts and the automated lady telling me what to do. I started screaming, "Operator!" into the phone. I finally got a real person. Long of the short is, he doesn't know what is wrong. The guitar works in the system menu just not the game menu. The game wants it to be a microphone. He tells me to go to a GameStop or my nearest gaming store to try to hook it up to their demo system and see if we can figure it out from there. Grreeaat. Love that. I'll get right on that. I have two sleeping children. I would love to wake them up and take them to GameStop. Not.
Needless to say, I am pretty ticked. I want to play with my new toy. :(
Prep For: Q4 Business Increase
1 week ago

















Very funny! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteHow sad is it to play Guitar Hero by yourself?
It is hilarious that you are so excited about guitar hero! I have never played it, but so many people are huge fans.
ReplyDeleteHope you get it working pronto!