With Addison being at that age of independence and "I do it myself", I find it extremely hard sometimes to get my temper in check. She gets this attitude and points her finger at me and says things like, "No, you do NOT! I CAN listen to my song!" or whatever it is she is wanting. Honestly, I don't know where she gets this from.
She is such a daddy's girl too. Anytime she gets into trouble or you are going to make her do something that she doesn't want to do it's, "I want my Da-Daaaaaaa!!!!!!!!" Her dramatics don't work with me. I feel like a lot of times, she could take me or leave me, but her relationship with John is a different story. She just adores him. Worships the ground he walks on. She told me on Sunday after they had been at BoomPa and GiGi's house that she missed Daddy more, but Claire missed me more.
So, it came as a surprise to me last night, when I was getting ready to go out to dinner with some friends that she noticed that I was getting ready and asked me, "Where go, Mama?" I said that I was going to dinner with some friends. She looked out the window and said, "No Mama. It 'bout it start raining. You can't go. You stay here with me." Man, she really does care! :) It made me puff up my chest a bit and do a little strut. I told her that she was going to stay with Daddy and have a great time. Then, when I tried to walk out the door it started again, "No Mama, you stay here with me!" and she clung to my leg and started crying. It was heart wrenching. She has never been like that with me. Sure, I see it all the time with John, but I had never been on the receiving end.
I made it out the door and had a great time at dinner. It was so good to get together, although, we were missing a few, but we still had such a great time.
Will You Come To My In-Person Event?
3 days ago

















I wonder if our little girl is going to be a Daddy's girl too?
ReplyDeleteAwww that is so sweet!
ReplyDelete