
Baby Claire is one week old!! I cannot believe it! Most people are probably going to hate me for this blog, but I wanted to tell how EASY this week has been. I am not sure if it was just the fact I did have help from my mom and sister or if motherhood just comes that easy for me. Addison isn't showing any jealousy towards Claire. She seems very interested in what she is doing and hasn't been acting up while I nurse her... Thank the Lord!! Claire has been pretty easy as well. She doesn't like to be messed with, so diaper changes, cord care, and baths are the only time she cries. She grunts and moves around if she needs her diaper changed and give GREAT feeding cues. This week she has been sleeping in our bed at night, and has a FOUR HOUR stretch before waking to nurse which is around 2:00-3:00 a.m. and then wakes up around 4:30 and then again at 6:30, which is when Addison wakes up. Addison wants to see "Baby Claire" every morning and give her kisses. I am staying on top of making sure she is nursing every 2 hours during the day. Claire cluster feeds in the evenings, which works out well since it starts about the time John gets home from work.
I have generally been feeling very well, which probably attributes to how easy everything is going. I guess the real test will be next week, since I will be by myself with both girls all day, unless I call in some reinforcements. :) My own personal goal is to make sure I get a shower everyday.
We went on our first outting this week. It was over to my mother's house for my Granny's birthday. It didn't go so well for me, I was EXTREMELY stressed out by the time that I got to my mom's. It didn't help that my hormones were ready to make their escape from my body! Anyway, onto Baby Claire's first photo shoot!!
Claire is so gorgeous! XOXOXO, Sa Sa
ReplyDelete