Thursday, October 6, 2011

NYC Part #3

Hi. Remember when I went to New York? Oh yeah.. me too. Here is my part 3 of trip.. I will probably do a re-cap from the view of my iPhone. Ya know. Just to drag this out a little longer. ;)

Friday morning started with a run in Central Park.. and it was glorious. But, only I could get lost. In a circle. In a park. Which I did. But, thankful for iPhones and gps, so I could find myself. 
I ran the whole loop, which was pretty dang tough. Hilly and curvy, but glorious in the fact that it was Central Park. Which, parts of it smells a little- no one tells you that part. But there were tons of runners every where. I was never alone but it wasn't crazy crowded. I mostly ran without music, which was a nice touch, since I rarely do that. 

Friday, we walked across the Brooklyn Bridge. It's something I have always wanted to do and am glad I got to do it.. technically, we walked half-way. Here's a tip: The people that ride bikes across the bridge, will yell at you if you step into the bike lane. 




This difference in going to NYC with a photographer and someone who doesn't care.. I get city background..

John gets the ACTUAL bridge that I wanted to walk across... not bitter. Not bitter at all. 





Only added this just to show remind you it's never okay to wear a shirt unbuttoned in public. 


The new tower



We went in the 9/11 Memorial Preview Site and it was surreal. 
Saturday, we went to the game and you can read about that HERE




Don't be scared, Jay. 


Word to ya Mother. 



Times Square on 9/11



Talking to Addison




Sunday, we slept in, did some shopping and we decided to go see "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying."
Yep. I saw Daniel Radcliffe again on Broadway. He was absolutely fantastic and it was a hilarious show. I highly recommend seeing it. 





7 comments:

  1. 9/11 memorial stuff gives me chills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just out of curiosity, how many collared Alabama shirts does your husband own?

    You look prettyon this picture, even if it doesn't include the bridge.

    Awesome pics of NYC on 9/11.

    And I'm jealous of your run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! I would love to go to NYC - It looks like such a fun trip! I am jealous of your run too! You look great, as always :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pics! I'd love to go to NY and see all the 9/11 memorials!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous you ran through Central Park!!! When we were up there in August, there were so many runners in the park. I kept telling the Hubs that when we move to NYC, I'm going to run it every day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So amazing that you were there for 9/11. I miss you lets have a gchat date soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. those are incredible shots you got! and i really can't wear my shirt unbuttoned? freakin crap.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me! It makes me so happy!