It was a hot one. That's for sure. Robbie ran with me, and I didn't want to jinx it, but we were on pace to break a 30min 5K Mile 1 was 9:28; slowed it down a bit for mile 2 10:28; and mile 3 sort of fell apart at 12:07.
I ran the course Thursday with Stacie, Nicole and Jennifer and I knew the hills were in the beginning, so when we were keeping that pace with the hills, I was feeling good. But it was unshaded and hot and humid, so I won't complain too much.
The course weaved through where the tornado went through. A lot of stuff is starting to be demo-ed, so it's strange to see broken trees and dirt where houses used to stand.

I will take my 33:55 time and run with it- and the day I break 30.. I will fist pump and dance across the finish line. :)
Addy says she wants to run the next one with me.. how do you train a 4 year old? Maybe we should just do the 1 mile fun "walk" or should we man up and do the 5K? It's July 23rd.



















First off, congratulations! Secondly, you look just darling in your green & your knee socks - too cute!
ReplyDeleteI don't have little ones, but legs sure are short at 4! I'd do the 1m fun run with her. Y'all can take walks together at night to "train" together. What a fun mommy/daughter adventure!
that is a great time! and it was HOT! that is for sure. you looked so cute. : )
ReplyDeletei didn't realize i was signed in under store. this is stacie by the way. haha...
ReplyDeleteGood job, friend! I'd stick to the one-miler with a kiddo. McK ran a mile with me one day and we had to walk a lot. You don't want to push her so much that she doesn't enjoy it!
ReplyDeleteI love the tall socks!!!! I can't wait to see the fist pump across the finish line! You're almost there!!!
ReplyDeleteI'd do the 1 miler. I tried running with my 4 year old and he made it about 5 minutes before he needed to walk.
Great job Rach! I think the socks are fantastic :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!! I think your time is great :) At least you finished and YOU BEST SOMEONE ELSE!!! :) That's the best feeling!
ReplyDeleteUh, about Addy ... just do the one miler! Don't want to wear her out or have her HATE running!
Yay! and congrats on your run! Jayden (8) wanted to do a 5K with me and I let him start training just to see how he would do. He made it to 2 miles but 3 was a little much. I think he could have done it if I could have gotten him to run a consistent pace instead of sprinting half the time. I say just see how she trains and go from there. I have heard that little ones dehydrate easier so keep lots of water at hand.
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!!! That's an awesome time and running in the heat is hard. Socks are super cute :)
ReplyDelete