Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My Perfect Saturday...

One day last week John called me at home. "Hey, Greg McElroy is signing autographs at Cummings Sporting Goods on Saturday. You want to go?" As if he even had to ask. He should know by now that I would be all about it. 

Since I have a minor crush on Greg McElroy. 
And when I say minor, I really mean, It may sort of, kind of, rival the Tom Brady obsession of 2007. 
It didn't start out that way but he sealed the deal in the 2009 SEC Championship game when he played a little hopscotch with the sidelines to get a 1st down. 
I found the clip on YouTube... it's around the 2:20 mark in the video. I love the agility. And the leg kick. 


I won't be offended if you don't watch this video.. it's highlights of us dominating the Gators.
 Sorry Sonja. 

I was just a little giddy.. and Claire was so over it. 

But finally... YAY!

He signed a ball for Addison.. she was so embarrassed and shy. In the car, she had asked me if he would have his helmet on and I told her no. I told him this story and Addison elbowed me in the side when I said it. I'm scared of her teenage years. 

The crowd of peeps waiting... It wrapped around to the end of the shopping center and pretty much stayed that way. Poor guy was there 4 1/2 hours signing autographs and taking pictures. 

I can't say enough about the character that I saw from this guy. He made sure everyone got a picture and an autograph. He treated everyone like they were the only person in line and that there wasn't a line out the door. He even had a great answer to the little kid who had on an Auburn hat and told him he liked Auburn more. "Well, you've still got a few more years to change your mind!" Great answer! 

I honestly felt like a giddy school girl. I couldn't even look him in the eye. Not that he was eye level. Because dude is TALL. And all muscle. 

Now, for my picture. I had been joking that I wanted to get my picture taken with Greg and the girls since he looks like he could be the father of the redheads more than John could. Only if they didn't act JUST like John... people might start to question it. Funny enough... we can't get a good family picture of the girls looking at the camera, but the one with Greg McElroy could be a freakin' Christmas card... which, it totally might be. Could you blame me? 


Seriously. He even gets the squinty eye when he smiles. Just like me! *sigh* 

Let's keep in mind, that I am 5'4 and had on about 4 inch heels. Like I said.. TALL. 

I realize most people won't get this, but this guy is already a legend in Alabama Football. He is an incredible public speaker and most importantly, he seems to "get" Alabama Football. I wish him many years as a Pro quarterback and hope he can be the 14th quarterback to wear #12 and win a Super Bowl.

 Let's just get drafted to a good team, Mmmkay? 

Now if I could just get him to tweet me back and possibly wish me good luck on my half marathon and a Happy Birthday come April?? Is that too much to ask? 

10 comments:

  1. Holy Footballs! How tall is that guy? He's gotta be near the 6'6" mark.

    And you should totally use that pic as next years xmas card. Such a lovely family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is sooooooo cool!! I would be giddy like that if i got to meet tony romo from the cowboys, so i know exactly how you feel!!! and what a cute picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have loved him since that awesome tip toe move as well. He is going to be at the world of wheels this weekend and I was wanting to go so bad but we are going to have to go to my husbands grandmothers house so I am going to miss it. The pictures are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh, he is a cutie- I love tall football players, I don't know what it is, but I share your swoon-
    that picture of you and him with the girls is too cute, I'd totally use it as your Christmas card-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, so I don't know him, but I can relate!! :) How exciting!! I love the pic of the "family"

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha you are too cute! Love the "family" picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, to be 30 yrs younger...Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG the lady with the gray Alabama hoodie on is my mother!! She was there getting me a t-shirt autographed since I live all in Las Vegas now. Doesn't she look thrilled that she stood in line for 3 1/2 hours in 25 degree weather for her dear ol' daughter?! lol

    I soooo wish I could have met GMac! You are right, he is a cutie pie!

    Roll Tide!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i LOVE this!!! just another reason why SEC girls are the best =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww! I'm so jealous! What a great picture of you all together. He's just a doll. I love him and he's a great guy for sure! I can't wait to see how far he goes in the NFL!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me! It makes me so happy!