So.. I am starting to think that starting half training during the holidays was stupid. A) I am running around doing other stuff and forget to run. B) It's freaking COLD outside. 20's!!! Seriously?? I don't own enough layers to be out running in that. As for that fleece lined running jacket I saw at the Nike outlet and I laughed at... I am really wishing I have that thing right about now.
I also keep trying to figure out the best times to go running. Since John gets off at 4:00, I am trying to wait until then to go, but I am so tired by that time, I don't feel like going. We all know I'm not a morning person either, but maybe I could wake up at 5:30 and go? But then, it's even colder!! I am trying to train outside, but I may have to take it indoors for a few weeks. I hate to ask people to watch the girls so I can go run. I feel like I neglect them when I go for a run. Claire starts Little Lambs two days a week in January, so I know I could do it then, but that's still several weeks away. I want to train properly and it's already getting off on the wrong foot.
I am getting in a running funk of, "Why do I do this to myself? It's so cold! It would be so much easier to sit and cuddle with the girls and drink hot chocolate. Who wants to run 13 miles anyway??" I need to snap out of it!! I've still got 11 weeks of training!
I am running a race this weekend that is sure to be the coldest run yet... The high is 43 and the low is 21. Fun times.
How do you snap out of the funks and get on with training? I need advice people!!! How do you talk yourself into those runs when you aren't feeling it?
Prep For: Q4 Business Increase
2 weeks ago

















Usually, having a training program gets me out of any funk. Te cold can be a BIG deterrent for me. Especially here where we aren't accustomed to the chill. But girl, with two kiddos you have a lot more on your plate than I do. I don't know how y'all moms do it! It's like a superpower!!!
ReplyDeletebundle up with whatever clothing you can find even it is not Nike or Under Armor and run!! Remind yourself you will love your skinny body and how you feel when you are done!!! Sounds bad but I personally have to turn to vanity when it comes to making myself run in 20-30 degree weather! Your mantra needs to be Carrie Underwood legs here I come!!! :) Hope this helps bestie! you can do it!
ReplyDeleteoops misspelled under armour
ReplyDeleteI've been layering up pretty good for our Tuesday night runs with our No Boundaries class and by the time we have been going for a couple of minutes I'm getting hot. I usually end up taking off my hat and gloves. But I feel you girl I would much rather stay curled up on the couch.
ReplyDeletegreat shots!!!
ReplyDeletethe one of your mom are my favorite. she's so photogenic.
I am also in a holiday running funk! I actually got a good 7 miles in (in the rain!) by finding a running group in my area! They do long runs every Sunday at 6:30am. Somehow knowing there is a large group of people who DID manage to crawl out of their warm beds makes it tougher to flake! (Tougher but nit impossible, still skipped last week!) Training for a full after having completed my first 2 halfs recently! Crossing the finish line is amazing! Remember that when you think about training too! Good luck!
ReplyDelete