Saturday Morning, Jana and I got up and met her sis in law to head downtown for the race. It was windy and sprinkled a little. I had goals for this race ( like that is new for a runner!). My ultimate goal is a sub 30 min 5K and to actually run the whole dang thing.
I promised lots of out of focus pictures, and I am not here to disappoint people! A runner with a point and shoot, makes for bad pictures. Apologies.
(Let's talk about what a fatty patty I look like standing next to skinny minnie, Jana)
Start line.. Gotta love the peeps in the background!
The race wrapped a lot on itself. It's kind of disheartening to not know where the turn around are and not know how much in front of you these people are. And also.. who runs in pajamas???
"SANTA!! I KNOW HIM!"
This, my friends, is a "Don't do it, boy." And by that, I mean the tight running tights on boys. No Thank You. I'm just glad I didn't see him from the front. PS-- They were strangers who talked Auburn Football the entire time they ran next to me. Fun times!
A pretty church.. I must tell you. This race took place on Highland Ave. If you don't know about Highland Ave. It's HILLY, people. HILLY!!!!
The twelve days of Christmas passed me around the half way mark. Sad day.
Jana may run off and leave me for races, but she has always looped back to cross the finish line. The green and orange and her running in the opposite direction wasn't hard to spot!
So sad that it's blurry!
Look who met me at the finish line with a sign!!
Best picture ever.. I love when my girls see me at the finish lines! Addison asked GiGi why I ran so much.. :( Really. I don't run THAT much. I'm a slacker runner!
So, I can mark one goal off my list!! I ran the whole damn thing! Hills and all.. although my time was 34 and change- wasn't truly timed and I forgot to stop my garmin when I crossed. I am still pretty proud of myself!! The sub 30 5K is going to hard in a couple of weeks with Robbie. (Becca's hubby is running the Rudolph Run on the 18th with me and he is determined for me to run a sub 30.) It's going to be very hard to shave 4 minutes off my time, but I am sure all get out going to try!
P.S. Half Marathon training starts TODAY, people!!! 12 weeks until the Disney Princess HALF! Let's get those running shoes laced up!

















I just busted out laughing when I read that guys shirt! LOL
ReplyDelete& I want to hug your girls! How adorable are they?
I'm so proud of you and how far you've come when you first started! :)
Congrats on your race!!!
ReplyDeleteyou are inspiring me. I think my new years resolution may be to do walk/run a half by fall.
ReplyDeleteBy George, you and I are going to run sub 30. We can do it! Glad your race went well!
ReplyDeleteAwesome job, girl. I LOVE the girls coats and gloves! Must get a baby girl asap!
ReplyDeleteThat's so awesome! I LOVE this pictures of your little girls and their sign. They must be so proud of their momma! : )
ReplyDeleteGreat job Rachel! My goal is to be running more than walking in January for the Frosty 5k we'll see. Love your pics from the race!
ReplyDeleteHow cute are YOU in your stripey socks?!?! Congrats on another great race!
ReplyDeleteI came across your blog from the blog designer, and read some of your fun posts. I've enjoyed reading through some of them...I am a runner too! A sub 30 was my goal for a LONG time, over a year. I finally reached my goal this race season, and have even improved it to a 28min 5k, so if I can do it, so can you! Just wanted to say Merry CHristmas!!!
ReplyDeletePaige
www.thepricesdaybyday.blogspot.com