Monday, March 15, 2010

Curses...

Soo.... Today was the day that I was hopping back into my running shoes after the big 13.1. I wanted to take a full week off and it almost killed me. All this beautiful weather to run in! I cheated on Friday and took Addison out for a jog in the BOB, which I honestly haven't ever done. And lemme tell you, that is hard! It was much harder to run a mile pushing that stroller than to run 3 on a dreadmill.

I guess after the 13.1 I got the big head with the whole, "I can do anything since I ran 13.1 miles." Well.. I guess the running gods didn't like that and they wanted to put me back where I belong. I even wore my Princess half marathon shirt and my new shorts that my mom got me before the race. Well, I hopped up there and started running, my iPod was kinda bothering me.. I'm not really feeling that band. Which makes me have the major sads since I just "knew" I would love it. Plus, I like being able to track my progress and show other people. Some may call is narcissistic, but whatevs. Anyway, the run started great, I was pushing it up to 7.5 from 6.0. It felt great... then iPod started coming off my fat arm. It ended up coming disconnected from my ear buds, and falling on the treadmill and TiK ToK was blasting for all the peeps to hear. Kinda embarrassing... Anyway, I ended up getting a major cramp in my leg, in an odd place- the shin muscle. It completely tightened up and I was in PAIN. So, I had to stop and stretch and then I was all bummed about the run and left the gym. I only ran a mile and a half and I had this new goal of running 25 miles a week. I have hit a wall weight loss wise and cannot lose this last 10 lbs and it's driving me bonkers!

So, as kind of a kick start, I am thinking of doing a 2 week cleanse. It's not one where you don't eat anything, it's basically a strict vegan diet of vegetables and fruits- no caffeine. YIKES! So, has anyone ever done one? Know anyone that has done one? Think I am crazy for considering this? Let me know your thoughts!

5 comments:

  1. I think most weight loss people encourage you to do a cleanse when you start a new diet. I don't know about a 2 week one but a 3 day one would be great for your body!
    God's blessings,
    Sarah :D
    PS You'll get your running mojo back! <3 U!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll just come out and call ya crazy. :) I don't like being deprived!

    I always run with Coop in the jogger and it is HARD. When I was babysitting in CA, I would run with both boys in a double and it was completely insane. Thats when I had to stop running from the chest pain. Now realizing maybe that had something to do with it...hummm. :)

    You should try P90X! I have lost 7 lbs in the past 2 weeks. I am thinking of getting 30 day shred too. Just hearing so much good stuff about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know anything about cleanses...but I do know you'll find your runner legs again soon! It takes a while to come back after a big race. And you ran big. Just keep taking it slow and easy to ease back into training!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've known a few people that recently did a cleanse. It was no breads, sugars, caffiene, or meat (so basically just fruits & veggies) for 21 days. My mother in law lost 23 pounds doing that cleanse. Not that you need to lose anywhere near that amount but I think they are good to kick start your metabolism again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No caffeine sounds AWESOME. More power to you! Also, I just have to say, your header is the *epitome* of cuteness!! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete

Tell me! It makes me so happy!