Saturday, July 30, 2011

My Heart Throbs.. Where are they now??

I have really been loving my satellite radio lately, and it has this awesome station.. 90's on 9. It plays pretty much everything I listened to growing up. 

The other day it started playing Joey Lawrence's "Nothing my love can't fix for ya". And I had totally forgotten about that song! 
In case you needed a reminder...

I also started thinking about heart throbs from my pre-teen years. 

First, it was New Kids on the Block. I wish I still had the sheets, and pillow cases, and dolls of them.. but sadly, I do not. 


Yep. Danny still looks like a monkey.

Then? It was the Nelson brothers. Not many people remember them. But. Oh my gosh. I did. I can remember going to their concert with Mom and Sarah. 




Not too bad, boys. Now maybe you are wondering, "Whatever happened to those Nelson boys?" Well, I am here to tell you, that they played for cruise ships a couple of years ago on the worst vacation ever. The dreaded cruise. It's one of the few things that saved this cruise. 
I got to freaking meet them!! 6 year old Rachel died inside. Walking back to the ship- it was the first day we were allowed outside our room (We got the Noro virus) and low and behold.

AND THEN. They talked about me during their show. And pointed me out to the crowd. YES!! Childhood dream came true. 


Ahh.. moving on. Who can forget the lovable Jonathan Taylor Thomas.. JTT to his adoring fans. This was my ultimate heart throb at 12. I saw anything and everything he was in. Watched every episode with my cousin Beth and we planned our wedding to him. 


I'm not going to lie. When I saw this picture, 12 year old Rachel got butterflies

The eyes.. lose the mullet, please! 

Smoking is unacceptable, JTT. 




Let's not forget Devon Sawa.. sigh. How many times did Beth and I watch Now and Then in slow motion to see if you could see up his towel? Too many to count, my friends. 


Umm.. he does nothing for me now. 

Now, let us not forget angst ridden teen that was Jared Leto on "My So Called Life" Sigh.. that was a great show. Too bad it didn't make it. 

He sings in a band now, people!! Still pretty hot too. 

Ahh.. Joey. WHOA. I loved you on Blossom. Oh so much. Even with your mullet. And I knew it was destiny that we would be together because we share the same birthday. 
 WHOA. What happened to you hair?? 

 Ahh.. Jonathan Brandis. How many times did Beth and I play "Seaquest" in Paw Paw's room? Again.. too many to count. 



 Why did you have to go a die on us? I can't remember now what happened.. Suicide, I think? 

Hope you enjoyed your blasts from the past! Who was your Teen Heart throb??





13 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS POST!

    Ok. My major crush was Jonathan Brandis, and I am still saddened by his death. I also loved me some NKOTB, of course, AND Rider Strong of Boy Meets World!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in LOVE with JTT and Leonardo Dicaprio! Oh, how I miss the 90's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post makes me happy! When you brought up the Joey Lawrence song it took me back...way back! I haven't thought about that song in YEARS! The New Kids on the Block will forever hold a special place in my heart. It was my first concert EVER! I hit the big time, and was close enough to get Jordan Knight's sweat on me...ooohhh, I was in HEAVEN! I had the sheets, the dolls, and the trading cards. I'm pretty certain I still have them somewhere at moms! And you're right, Poor Danny will always be part ape!

    I've never heard of The Nelson Brothers...but super cool you got to meet them on you "crazy awesome" cruise :)

    JTT & Devon Sawa, YES PLEASE! The Now and Then comment cracked me up. I may or may not have been guilty of the same towel scene pause... What a HOTTIE! Did you ever see Wild America? It stars BOTH boys and I was smitten.

    Joey made Blossom and oh what a good show it was! However, I must say father time has been kind to you, Joey! You're still quite a looker. And I rather enjoy the Mr. Clean look.

    Back in my day I was also VERY fond of LUKE PERRY from 90210. How good looking was he?!?! Brandon, JASON PRIESTLEY, wasn't bad, but that Dylan McKay had me from day one!

    Thanks for the stroll down memory lane. Those were some good 'ole days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous. I had an entire door covered with JTT and Devon Sawa.

    And NKOTB? Dolls, pjs, you name it. Still love them!

    Fun post, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a fun post!! i had a huge crush on JTT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny. LOVE that you met the brothers on the cruise ship and they shouted you out. Classic!

    Winks & Smiles,
    Wifey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I have to admit... Me and my friends so watched Now and Then in slow motion to see up Devon Sawa's towel when we were little too... What little pervs we were! hahaha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am DYING. It's like you just typed out my own heartthrob flashback! I have to admit that I still have the Jordan and Joey NKOTB dolls packed away in my closet at my parents' house. I snipped Jordan's braided hair off and got in SO much trouble hahah. I'm also quite relieved to know that I am not alone in the slo-mo inspections of Devon Sawa. Now and Then was on TV yesterday and I had to stop and watch! Fab post :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love New Kids On The Block....especially Jordan Knight:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this post makes me SO happy! What a fun flashback! Joey from NKOTB was my fave...so dreamy. He aged pretty well too, huh?
    Thanks for getting us up to date now that they are all grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my word! This is greatness! I had the New Kids on the Block sheets and pillow case too! So wish I still had mine! JTT, I had a couple of posters in my room! Oh how I miss My So Called Life and Jared Leto! Thank you for this walk down memory lane!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is an awesome post. Our tastes do change, I guess... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me! It makes me so happy!