Monday, October 4, 2010

A Week later....


So, last week wasn't too good to me. We went to Atlanta and I got to go shopping, true. But, I also had sick babies awaiting me when I got home. Poor things. And? They gave it to MeMac and Poppy. Not cool, girls. We must talk about you share your germs. 

You see.. this is why I love best friends. When you are having a REALLY bad week, they send you gifts in the mail in the form of chocolate covered strawberries. But, not just any strawberries, Sherris Berries. Which, put Godiva to shame. 




Also.. these next pictures are out of order due to the new blogger format of uploading pictures. 

Friday nights fashion. John suggested we go to Taco Casa to eat. I gave him the evil eye. We do not waste good fashion on the drive thru. 

I found love in the form of these shoes...


Of course this weekend entailed some tailgating. We got down there Friday to set up and low and behold, someone had already staked off our spot. Not cool. We got the tent set up, with help and went on our way. We get up bright and early Saturday morning to get everything set up. Aaanndd... the tent won't blow up. We gathered the help of the tailgate spot stealers (Who actually went to school with my sis in law, small world, seriously.) and.. we cannot get this thing up. One leg of it will not blow up. We gather the help of more men( remember that's its 5 grown men we are dealing with in this story.) After about an hour of it, John was ready to call it a day with it, and not mess with it. We found where one of the legs inside lining was completely ripping at the seams.. so, duct tape to the rescue. Still won't blow up. So... one of the guys finds where at the top of the tent where all four legs connect, the inside lining is completely separated. So, it's broken. Done. We were ready to move on. BUT, remember those 5 men? Well.. they don't want us to quit. So, one guy, gets all McGuyver on us, slits the leg of the tent open with a knife, and gets duct tape and it going to duct tape it shut. So, the tailgate spot stealer, decides to crawl up inside one of the legs to make sure it's duct taped. YES HE DID. But.. it still didn't work. Sad day. Terry the Tailgating Tent is no more. RIP Terry, RIP.

After the win over Florida

Beginning of the game

tailgating outfit

these peeps had a rough night, I am guessing. Totally passed out. 


Alisha, Me, and Alana.. great tailgating family. 




Anyway, even though we lost the most important member of our tailgating family this week... we still had a wonderful time. I really love our little tailgating family. 

8 comments:

  1. LOOK, I'm first again...you know what this does to me :) I'm glad I could make you smile this week. I don't like it when the week treats you so badly! Boo on it, just boo! I too found love with your shoes. I really hope a pair can come live at my house very soon!! I wish we could be a part of each others tailgating family. We would have so much fun together...maybe in our next life :) I'm sorry you lost Terry the tailgating Tent. When are funeral services being held? Should I send flowers? At least you have some good stories to tell about him and how hard you worked to save his life. Your outfits are always super cute! I live vicariously through you :) I hope this week is much better to you than last! Love you sweets. See you this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute outfits!

    My husband's fave team is Alabama. Him and his dad would watch the games growing up, now he watches the games with our kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHY don't you have a picture of the spot stealer inside your tent with duct tape?

    And those shoes? Adorable...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think i love your tailgating family too! always looks like so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not an Alabama fan, but I hate the Gators. Thank God you creamed them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the shoes!!! So adorable! And the tailgating looks like so much fun...will you hate me if I tell you I'm a UT alum?? Love me some college football!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First, I LOVE your dinner outfit. You are such a good southern gal in your pearls! :) And speaking of those, you dress AMAZING for tailgating!

    Second, (or would that be third?) I love you. The end.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me! It makes me so happy!