Things are starting to get pretty stinkin' busy around here. Addison turns 4(!!!!!) next week and her party is Sunday. In case you didn't hear, Alabama lost on Saturday and it was pretty depressing around these parts. Unless you are an Auburn fan, they were most likely rollin' around in our loss, which brings me to the fact that I had to delete a few "friends" on FB for their snarky comments about the game. Here's how I look at it. Football is a BIG deal around here, especially the Alabama/Auburn rivalry. You're not a fan if you don't want the other team to lose. So, I decided that I could A) get in a fight with someone over it (Not cool) or B) Make it go away. Now, I realize that there is a cool little "hide" feature, but honestly, anyone that would be that ugly about my team, isn't really a friend that I want. So, they went Bye Bye. Well, not sure if they are semi-stalkers, but they knew within 12 hours that they had been deleted, and proceeded to talk about me on a mutual friends wall post. Which, the things they were saying were SUPER hurtful and I don't really get my feelings hurt that easily about stuff like that.
You see, most of my close friends are Auburn fans and graduates. I would never say something about their team that I wouldn't be okay with them saying. I wouldn't want to hurt their feelings at all. I am all for cheering on your team, but let's stay classy with it. Mkay, people? And if there are any Gamecock fans.. you should be ashamed of yourselves. Spitting on people? Pouring beer over Alabama fans heads? Getting in someone's face and yelling, "Alabama sucks!" is uncalled for. If we suck, then it wasn't a big win and you shouldn't have stormed your field. Have some class.
Anyway, I weighed for WW this morning and I am down to 142. I had gotten down to 141 on Saturday, but then decided to eat all of my Flex Points and gained a pound. If I could leave those stupid things alone, I think I would be alright! :) But I am trying to teach myself that it is okay to splurge because if you don't, then you will eventually go completely overboard.
Not sure if I will be around the rest of the week.. but I will definitely be posting pictures of the Princesses party! :)
Prep For: Q4 Business Increase
2 weeks ago

















I want to come to the princess partay!! So excited to see what you do. So fun!
ReplyDeleteSorry again about the game. :(
Eat your flex points...otherwise you will go crazy!
Birthday on Friday, Party on Saturday, fly out on Monday. Think I'm gonna be busy?
ReplyDeleteI hate rude fans. We know a guy who is a huge UT fan. (Vols, not Texas) Completely understandably since we live in TN, but he is a total butt about it. Rude to the point where he makes personal attacks about me & things I can't help. It's totally uncalled for. Didn't any of these people ever learn about good sportsmanship?
I had someone that my husband and I met in Mexico that we both became FB friends with when we arrived home. It was her and her husband and their friends' first time to the part of Mexico we have been going to for 9 years. We showed them around, gave them recommendations for good restaurants and hooked them up with our friend Jose who is a tour guide and he carried them to the airpost and several other places.
ReplyDeleteRight as the game was ending, I received a FB message saying that this woman had tagged me in a FB post. When I read it, I was shocked. Turns out her daughter is a freshman at South Carolina. She herself is an alum of Ohio State. In her FB post, she said something to the effect that her daughter's alma mater was 5 minutes away from beating Alabama and that she bet Angela (that's me and she used my FULL NAME) was about to have a heart attack. My name was tagged and clicking on my name took you to my profile. Her daughter has commented on the post already which meant that her daughter's little college friends and her Ohio State friends/family could all access my FB account and post messages to it! I know that a lot of Alabama fans got much worse FB messages, emails and what not. But this is someone who I met ONE TIME and that my husband and I were kind enough to show around a small predominately non-English speaking Mexican town and had our Mexican friend cart them around. I was stunned that she would do something like that to someone she doesn't know that well. Maybe that's why she did it.
At any rate, I "untagged" myself from her post before I got any nasty messages. I wrote what I feel is a classy general response to what happened and posted it to an Alabama sports blog that I am a member of. Here is the link to my post.
http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2010/10/10/1742920/my-alabama-pride
I hope that I showed class like Coach Bryant always said to. ROLL TIDE!!
Angela
Rachel, I've read your blog for awhile, but never commented before, I really liked your post.
ReplyDeleteIsn't it funny how some people really act like children? Sports fans especially, I really don't get that. And the bad thing is, most of these adults do have children- what kind of influence is that? (now stepping off of my soap box...)
I don't have a FB page, and now that I read your post and the previous commenter, I am glad I don't. But we are big college football fans, and even with the loss, Alabama still has the best team in the country right now, I think.