Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Workout Tuesday... FAIL

I got up this morning with every intention of running 3 miles. I was determined to push that jogging stroller, now matter how hot or tired I got for 3 miles. You see, I've been using the excuse, "Pushing the jogging stroller is like running twice the distance." And it is.. but it can't be an excuse any longer. I have to view running with the stroller as part if the training. It will help me run faster. Maybe.

Anyway, this weekend, my back was hurting. Like, really hurting. It has been almost radiating up my spine. Every time I would take a step, it would radiate up my spine and make my lungs hurt. Which sounds weird, but that's what was happening. Plus, I've been having MAJOR headaches. Which I accounted to, lack of caffeine, hormones, and then finally, the realization that I am most likely out of whack and need to go to the chiropractor.

Anyway, it was much better yesterday and I went swimming and felt really great, but today, I set out on my 3 mile run with Claire bear-who is the BEST running partner, and it didn't take two steps for me to feel knives in my lower back. I thought, maybe I can work these out, but two blocks later, I was making the loop back to the car. I couldn't stand it. So, I have a chiropractor appt this afternoon.

And that my friends, is the story of the 3 mile run that wasn't.

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you're back is still hurting! I do, however, give you a big fat E for effort! Better luck next time, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! At least you made the effort. I can't tell you the last time I got on the treadmill or tried the shred.

    Did you know I've never been a chiropractor?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain-- I've been holding off on running thanks to random back spasms too! I think I pushed myself too hard running on Saturday, so I'm hoping rest will help. I was just home in Texas for a week and ran outside every morning... and I about died. Props to you for getting out in the heat and keepin' goin' :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you are hurting - that shouldn't happen! Good for you taking care of it and seeing somebody. Hopefully you are healed and back to yourself in no time.

    And yeah, pushing that stroller in training WILL make you faster. Come race day you won't know what to do withyourself you'll find running so easy!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me! It makes me so happy!