Tuesday, December 15, 2009

It's official. I'm running.



Well, I did it. I signed up for my very first race. It's official. It's Saturday morning. And I am not ready. I cannot run 3 miles straight. I am extremely nervous. Are the other runners going to laugh at me because I will have to stop and walk? How do I sign in? What DO I DO??? I have no idea how any of this works, all I know is that I want to cross the finish line.
I bought these new head band elastic things to keep my hair out of my face and all it does is get on my nerves. So, I'm not sure what I am going to do about that. And what do I wear??? I mean, obviously, running gear, but do I do a long sleeve shirt or short sleeve since that is what I am comfortable in? But what if it's too cold?
Maybe I am too OCD about this. BUT, I WILL CROSS THE FINISH LINE. I am just hoping that pure adrenaline can get me there. I'm not completely out of shape, mind you, but I am most comfortable running at a 9:00 min pace, but my lungs just can hang with that. *sigh*

I definitely am needing some encouragement.

My mom is against my running. She has arthritis and has made it very clear that she thinks I am stupid for doing this because I am ruining my joints.

but... I WANT TO!! So, I will.

I found this on someones profile and now I can't remember where it was, but it gave me some encouragement this morning: " Let us run with endurance, the race that is set before us." Hebrews 12:1.
How awesome is that?
Anyway... wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. you can do it hunnie, we will be there rooting you on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I will be able to run a race in six months or so!

    Oh, and although that verse may be encouraging, it is not what that verse means.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to know how you're training. Like what methods you're using to go longer??

    ReplyDelete
  4. You CAN do it!!! I believe in you and you will do wonderful and you will feel so good! I DO NOT CARE what anyone says!! Running is very good for you. Obviously it does cause trouble down the road if you run 15 miles everyday...but running for exercise 30-60 min 3-4 times a week..purely healthy!! being overweight causes more joint trouble than having healthy exercise in your life! Watch the biggest loser!! Love that show and it is GREAT motivation!! I am addicted to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3 miles?! lady you can so do it! and you know what...if you need to walk, WALK! no one's telling you not to. AND actually there will probably be a lot of walkers and super slow runners, slower than you (not that you're slow, just sayin people are really really slow).

    and you cannot ruin your joints in a 3 mile run. especially if you RICE afterwards. Rest. Ice. Compress. Elevate.

    good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me! It makes me so happy!