"Hey, I got some new shoes on and suddenly everything is bright..."
Yesterday I went and got re-fitted for some shoes. The more I thought about my previous fitting, the more it disturbs me. The girl told me she didn't run and she was quite uninterested in helping me with my shoes. Lesson learned.
I have been hearing some good things about The Trak Shak in Homewood, so we went over there. The guy was super helpful. And his running knowledge was immense. He actually told me he doesn't bother with races he can't win. Whoa. I just run to finish.
I told him about my knee pain and he agreed it was most likely from my shoes and spouted off some reasoning. I just nodded. Whatever. Fix me, dude.
He started raving about these Karhu running shoes. I thought they were way ugly. They apparently have two colors in stock. Neon Green and Glow in the dark Orange. I was leary to say the least. I tried my hardest to like the Mizuno better, but I had to think of my knee and not fashion and brought home these babies.
I went for my first run in them. First comment from a lady in the locker room.. "Wow! Those sure are bright and orange! Are you an Auburn fan?" I replied with a no, I wasn't and thats why I didn't want to buy them, but they are crazy comfy.
I ran 2 miles-- not a lot but I did some speed work and knee pain? Gone. It felt good to run. I would loved to have gone further, but apparently the gym didn't change their clocks with DST and I thought it was almost 11 and needed to get the girls some lunch.. ugh. Yeah, it was only 10. Boo.
Anyway, I definitely looked like a skittle today with my green running shirt, purple,pink, and green shorts and my orange and yellow running shoes.
I'm not gonna lie, they did make me want to run a little faster!


















I totally love them! All you need is some kickin' knee highs!
ReplyDeleteLoving all your colors! And yes, they DO make you look FAST! Hope they continue to help you run pain free!
ReplyDeleteI think you're cute :) I definitely need to do this!!
ReplyDeletethey are a tad crazy but if you have to go with whats best for your knees/legs/body.. i have to remind myself of that too when i go shoe shopping!
ReplyDeleteit is amazing what a difference a good shoe will make. I like how orange they are.
ReplyDeleteHey,
ReplyDeleteLove the shoes! So skittle like.. Just an off the wall question. Do you guys plan on trying for a boy, since you have two girls??